Sometimes there’s nothing better than enjoying a bowl of wedges, especially sweet potato ones! This past weekend a good friend came over for a catch up and instead of cooking dinner for us, I made these wedges along with a healthy platter consisting of vegetable crudités, baba ganoush, goat cheese, olives and gluten free crackers.
It enabled me to enjoy catching up instead of being in the kitchen cooking, and if I do say so myself it was a great way to entertain!
I used paprika, along with salt and pepper, to season the wedges as it gave them a slightly earthy flavour.
Make sure you spread out the wedges on the baking tray to allow them to become slightly crispy, not soggy.
As I was a little pressed for time, I cooked these on 210C/410F for 30 minutes however if you have more time you can reduce the oven temperature to 200C/400F and cook for 35-40 minutes.
It is best to enjoy these immediately however they can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to two days.
Back to Basics: Sweet potato wedges
Serves 2-4 people (depending on how hungry they are)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, washed
- 1 TBSP paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt, extra for serving
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- Serve with hummus
- Preheat oven to 210C/410F and line baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the sweet potato into 16 wedges then add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add paprika, pepper, salt and coconut oil to the bowl.
- Mix together to coat the potato wedges.
- Spread out on prepared baking paper and bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Season with extra salt, serve with hummus then enjoy!
Please note: my wedges were not crunchy, just slightly crispy as that’s how they are meant to be!
These sweet potato wedges are also a great accompaniment to fish, beef, chicken, lamb or even a gorgeous salad!