It’s been a stunning weekend on the Gold Coast! As it’s my last semester of university I’ve been making the most of the time with my friends. It’s an exciting time for us all to be moving onto the next stage of our lives, but is also marks the ‘end of an era’.
With this in mind I had some friends over for dinner last night and everyone contributed a delicious dish. I made my vegan spelt pizzas as they are simple yet tasty and don’t require hours of cooking.
Now onto the shaved parsnip and carrot chips recipe. A few weeks ago now I made these as I felt like something crunchy – they are a great substitute for potato chips!
To shave the parsnip and carrots, I used a vegetable peeler as it ensures an evenly sliced chip.
Try not to overcrowd the baking tray as then the chips won’t become crunchy.
These are best eaten immediately otherwise they will lose their crunch.
Shaved parsnip and carrot chips
Serves 2 as a snack or serves 4 as a main meal accompaniment
- 1 parsnip, washed and peeled
- 2 carrots, washed and peeled
- Coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the parsnip and carrots.
- Lightly coat with coconut oil and place on lined baking trays.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, turning every 6-7 minutes to make them crispy.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve! Enjoy!
They can be eaten by themselves as a snack or on top of beef or fish to keep your dinners interesting!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin