When it comes to snacks, a lot of people (including myself) run out of healthy ideas. Whilst I love my carrot sticks with hummus and apples with almond butter I find myself craving something chocolately on the not so rare occasion. Thankfully, the classic combination of dark chocolate and orange have definitely satisfied my cravings (well at least for now)!
The cacao and orange flavours are enhanced thanks to the addition of cinnamon and surprisingly salt. I always use pink Himalayan sea salt as it contains more than 80 minerals, balances electrolytes and assists in eliminating toxins from the body, among other benefits.
The chia seeds add a slight crunch to the balls as well as extra nutrients in the form of omega 3’s.
These will keep in a sealed container in the fridge for up to five days or in the freezer for up to two weeks!
Cacao orange chia balls
- 2 cups brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 TBSP orange zest
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 8 fresh medjool dates, pitted
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
- 3 TBSP coconut oil, softened
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and process for 5-7 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides.
- Roll into 28 decent sized balls.
- Place in the fridge to harden and enjoy!
Are you a fan of the dark chocolate and orange combination?