Well, I’m back on the Gold Coast now. I’ve had an amazing three weeks down in Melbourne but am ready for my final semester of university to begin!
One thing I really missed whilst in Melbourne was my daily green smoothie. So, the first thing I did this morning was make one… a delicious one at that!
It’s been a picture perfect day on the coast – well and truly heading into summer now!
As the strawberry season is nearing its end, I thought it was appropriate to make some jam whilst in Melbourne. It’s a great way to use up old strawberries or ones that are starting to go bad.
This jam can be used on top of porridge, slathered on my superfood loaf or enjoyed with pancakes.
Store in a glass jar or a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Strawberry chia jam
Makes 1 cup
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed and halved
- 1/4 cup water, add more water if too thick
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Place strawberries and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until strawberries become lighter in colour.
- Mash strawberries then add in chia seeds. Cook for a further 2 minutes or until the jam thickens. Enjoy!
I enjoyed the jam with buckwheat pancakes using my basic batter – such a delicious breakfast!