When my sister visits she always requests pancakes and a cake of some variety. As I’ve been making a lot of chocolate desserts lately I thought I’d mix it up and keep it light by making a fruit cheesecake.
The flavours for this cheesecake were inspired by a fig, date and pistachio baked tart I used to make so this is my raw cheesecake version.
I incorporated the dates and pistachios into the base as I wanted to leave the figs of the filling.
I love the flecks of green the pistachios lend this base. It turns what could be any other cheesecake base into something special and contrasts well with the pink from the raspberries.
I added raspberries to give the cheesecake a beautiful pink colour. I know this slightly veered away from my original flavour inspiration but I believe it enhances the flavour of the filling.
Not only do the colours complement one another, the flavours do too. They are so fresh and fruity! This cheesecake melts in your mouth and takes your tastes buds on a journey!
The cheesecake can be stored in a sealed container in the freezer for up to two weeks (cut into slices before freezing). It can also be stored in the fridge in a sealed container for up to four days.
Raw fig raspberry pistachio cheesecake
- 1 cup raw pistachios
- 1 cup raw macadamias
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 8 figs, dried
- 1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 4 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Place all base ingredients in a food processor and process for 3 minutes or until crumbly.
- Press into a 28cm tart pan which has been lightly greased with coconut oil and lined on the bottom. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Place all filling ingredients into a Vitamix or food processor and process for 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour into cheesecake base and even out with a spatula.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or until solidified.
- Decorate, cut into 16 slices and serve. Enjoy!
I’d love to hear what flavour your favourite fruity cheesecake is?!