Last week I was craving pancakes and no wonder as I hadn’t made any in over six weeks! As time was not on my side I kept them as simple as possible. They turned out really well considering they were made and eaten in 20 minutes!
This is an easy batter that does not require any time to thicken which is perfect for those busy mornings.
You can add some honey or 100% pure maple syrup to make the batter sweet.
I love serving pancakes with homemade chia jam as it allows the pancakes to mop up all the flavours.
These pancakes will keep in a sealed container in the fridge for up to three days.
Quinoa vanilla pancakes with chia blueberry jam
Makes 6 pancakes
QUINOA VANILLA PANCAKES
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Macadamia oil for frying
CHIA BLUEBERRY JAM
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 TBSP water
- 1 TBSP chocolate almond butter or nut butter of your choice
- Mix together quinoa flour, baking powder, almond milk and vanilla extract in a medium sized bowl.
- Heat macadamia oil in a large fry pan over medium heat. Spoon batter into pan. Flip pancakes when little bubbles start to appear and cook on other side. Repeat until all the batter has been cooked.
- Place the blueberries in a small saucepan over medium heat whilst the pancakes cook. Stir occasionally for 5 minutes, or until blueberries defrost.
- Stir in chia seeds and cook the mixture down until it thickens to your desired consistency. Add water if it becomes too thick.
- Stack pancakes up and serve with chia blueberry jam and nut butter. Enjoy!
What do you like to serve with your pancakes?