When entertaining I always like to have some drinks and nibbles before the main meal. This allows guests to relax into the evening and to eat something as they’ve probably arrived with an empty stomach waiting to sample your delicious food!
The key is to keep the nibbles tasty, light and simple to prevent them from over-indulging before dinner. This olive tapenade is quite versatile making it a great addition to any platter.
This tapenade is very meaty in texture and is a little salty so it is advised to serve it with vegetable crudités and neutral crackers or corn chips.
I used a mix of black and green olives as I wanted a contrast in colours. As you can see in the above photo there are little flecks of green amongst the kalamata olives.
This tapenade will keep in a sealed container in the fridge for up to three days.
Makes 2 cups
- 2 cups pitted green and black olives, drained
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 TBSP lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, washed
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process for 2 minutes, or until well combined.
- Scoop into a bowl and serve with vegetable crudités and corn chips! Enjoy!
What do you like to serve for nibbles?