Soups are a great way to help you reach your daily quota of vegetables during winter. Last year I tried cauliflower soup for the first time and absolutely loved it! It has a creamy consistency without actually having cream in it.
This soup is so easy to make and requires little preparation. It’s packed with vegetables and has warming spices which are perfect for winter.
If you don’t have a blender you can mash the soup, however it will be slightly chunky.
This soup will store in a sealed container for up to three days in the fridge.
Sweet potato and cauliflower soup
- 1 whole cauliflower, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 brown onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 500mL vegetable stock
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 250mL almond milk or coconut milk
- Place cauliflower, sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, stock and curry powder in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
- Blend in a blender or Vitamix on high until smooth.
- Return on saucepan and heat through almond milk.
- Serve with crusty gluten free or essene bread and enjoy!
Have you ever made cauliflower soup before?