There’s something so indulgent about eating a muffin for breakfast; perhaps because they are virtually a small ‘cake’.
This muffin flavour is one what you often see at cafes. Although, I’ve really never had it before as I always used to go for the ‘so-called healthy’ bran option.
This ‘healthified’ version exceeded my expectations and is definitely one I’ll be making more often!
Compared to other muffin batters, this one is quite thick. However, when cooked the white chocolate softens and creates pockets of gooeyness that just melt in your mouth.
When looking for white chocolate at the local supermarket that was free from gluten, dairy and refined sugar this was the only one that came close to the criteria.
Unfortunately it does have some cane sugar in it but I was willing to overlook this minor detail to enjoy these muffins (considering there is only two tablespoons of honey in the batter I wasn’t too worried!)
These muffins have so much texture to them. The macadamias provide a crunch whilst the raspberries are soft and delicate. Who wouldn’t love to eat these?!
They just looked and smelled too good to resist so I had one before I had a chance to take a photo!
These muffins will store in a sealed container in the fridge for up for 4 days! Either reheat in the oven at 180C/350F for 15 minutes or serve cold!
Raspberry macadamia white chocolate muffins
- 2 TBSP honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1/2 cup macadamias, chopped
- 1/2 cup dairy free white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Line muffin tin with baking paper squares or alternatively grease with coconut oil.
- Mix almond meal and baking soda together in a large bowl.
- Add honey, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add raspberries, macadamias and white chocolate, and mix well.
- Spoon into prepared paper.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, until skewer comes out clean. Enjoy!
I enjoyed my muffin with a glass of homemade cashew milk. Not a bad way to start a Tuesday!
What do you like to eat for breakfast?