Winter has well and truly arrived! I find it’s a time to enjoy wearing jeans and boots, and to also eat warm dishes for lunch instead of the usual salad.
This slice is filled with herbs and vegetables necessary to keep you healthy throughout the winter. I think a lot of people have the perception that winter food is stodgy food, I have the opposite opinion. I love eating a light soup, filling my meals with green vegetables, and using fresh herbs to flavour dishes.
The dill in this mixture keeps the slice light and delicate.
This isn’t a thick slice but due to all the vegetables and herbs it is quite filling.
It will keep in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Zucchini, dill and leek slice
- 3 large zucchinis, washed grated
- 1 leek, washed and finely sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, washed and finely sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, washed and finely sliced
- 5 eggs
- 150g goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Coconut oil for greasing
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Grease and line a square ceramic dish.
- Place zucchini, leek, chives and dill in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add eggs, goat cheese and gluten free flour and mix until all combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place into greased dish and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Take out of oven and allow to slightly cool in dish for 5 minutes. Slice into 6 pieces and enjoy!
What types of food do you mainly eat during winter?