WARNING! This nut butter is highly addictive!!
If you’re a fan of Ferrero Rocher’s, this recipe will blow your mind! It is one that will have you eating straight from the jar! But seriously, who could resist when something so healthy tastes so decadent?!
The nut butter isn’t as ‘spreadable’ as most. However, I actually prefer it this way as by adding more ingredients the hazelnutty flavour would have become lost in all the coconut oil and maple syrup.
By shaking the roasted hazelnuts, this helps to remove all the loose skins and the nut butter will be smoother in texture.
Don’t fret! It is ok if all of the skins don’t come off.
Make sure you scrape down the sides of the processor to ensure all the ingredients are well combined.
I made this nut butter last night and already half is gone – that’s how addictive/amazing it is!
Vegan ferrero rocher nut butter
Makes 2 cups
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 1 TBSP cacao powder
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 TBSP 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F and roast the hazelnuts for 5-7 minutes on a lined baking tray.
- Place hazelnuts into the centre of an old tea towel. Bring each corner together and shake for a couple of minutes to loosen the skins. Add hazelnuts to the food processor/Vitamix without the loosened skins.
- Process the hazelnuts for 6-10 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides every few minutes. Add the cacao powder, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract and process for a further 4 minutes until smooth.
- Place in a clean glass jar or a sealed container, store in the pantry for up to 1 week. Enjoy on spelt toast, on top of porridge, spread on an apple or even by the spoonful!
I used a Vitamix to make this nut butter, if you’re using a food processor you will have to process it for longer than suggested. I’ve since made this nut butter and it works so much better in a food processor, however you can still use a Vitamix it just won’t be as smooth.
Are you a fan of nut butters? If so, what is your favourite flavour?