Sunday afternoon is a great time to make healthy snacks for the week ahead. This is precisely what I enjoyed doing this afternoon. These tasty nutrient packed superfood balls are essential to have on hand to get through a busy day.
I love the flecks of red from the goji berries, it stands out against the dark, rich colour of the cacao nibs.
“Superfood” is a term that is frequently used these days however many people do not understand the incredible health benefits these certain foods provide. Superfoods help prevent cancer and heart disease, improve digestive health, reduce inflammation, lower cholesterol, and protect the organs from toxins. So, eat up!
These will keep for up to 1 week in a sealed container in the fridge, or up to 2 weeks in the freezer.
Makes approximately 23 balls
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup cashews
- 10 fresh dates, pitted
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs*
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- Desiccated coconut for coating
- In a food processor, place walnuts and cashews and process until crumbly.
- Add dates, coconut oil and vanilla, and process to combine.
- Add cacao nibs and goji berries, and process for 2 minutes.
- Shape into balls and coat in coconut.
- Place in the fridge for 20 minutes to harden. Enjoy!
Note: if you can’t find cacao nibs (from most health food stores) you can use dairy free dark chocolate chips
What is your go to snack during the week?