I’d like to share some exciting news with you all… I have had my first recipe published!
This is the reason I haven’t posted the chocolate nut ball recipe yet, despite teasing you by having it feature as the heading on the main page. You too can now enjoy them!
If you’d like to read more, it has been published in Baked, a Bond University publication.
These chocolate nut balls have such contrasting yet complementing textures. The dates provide the chewiness whilst the almonds create the crunch.
Chocolate Nut Balls
- 330g almonds
- 16 fresh dates at room-temperature, pitted
- 2 TBSP cacao powder
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Desiccated coconut, cacao or crushed almonds for rolling
- In the food processor, place almonds, cinnamon and cacao then process until the mix looks crumbly.
- Add dates and vanilla extract then process until the mixture starts to come together.
- Add a little of water if needed so the mixture is soft and forms easily.
- Form into 14 decent sized balls.
- Roll in coconut or any other of my suggested coatings.
- Place in the fridge to harden and enjoy!
Note: Store in a sealed container in the freezer for up to 4 weeks (if they last that long)! No need to defrost before consuming as the dates create a chewy texture.
What ingredients do you add to your nut balls?