As breakfast is the first and most important meal of the day, why not make it enjoyable? Quinoa flakes are used as the base of this porridge and are flavour neutral. They make a great base to add your favourite toppings to and ensure you enjoy your important meal!
I always soak my blueberries in water and apple cider vinegar for 2 minutes as this helps to remove most pesticides from the skin.
Quinoa flakes cook a lot quicker than quinoa, so they make for an easy warming breakfast.
This is the combination of toppings I decided upon. The blueberries add a burst of juiciness, the macadamias add a crunch and the cinnamon adds warmth.
Macadamia blueberry quinoa porridge
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk, extra depending on your desired consistency
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, washed
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 2 TBSP desiccated coconut
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
- 2 TBSP cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan place the quinoa flakes and almond milk. Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once cooked separate into two bowls. Add blueberries, macadamias and coconut. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon. Enjoy!
What flavour combinations do you enjoy with your porridge?