By the end of a busy day, usually all I feel like making is a quick yet tasty meal. After staring at the contents of the fridge, waiting for something to jump out at me, I decided to go for a light salad (always a fairly safe choice)!
With really only 4 main ingredients, you can’t get much simpler than this!
Zucchini ribbons, in my opinion, aren’t used enough in cooking! They give the salad an interesting twist and cook really fast too (which is an added bonus)!
The tangy dressing helps to keep this salad really light and fresh. I love using olive oil, lemon juice and garlic as my base and then adding different ingredients to liven it up from time to time.
Zucchini salad with goat cheese
- 2 zucchini’s
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 bag spinach leaves
- 200g goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Cut the ends off the zucchini, use a vegetable peeler to cut the strips, stopping and turning when the seeds are visible. Dice the unused portion (the seeds).
- Heat the coconut oil in a large fry pan. Cook the zucchini for 2 minutes, tossing occasionally. Add the unused piece and cook for a further minute.
- Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper together.
- Combine the zucchini, spinach, goat cheese and dressing. Toss to completely dress the salad.
- Serve on a large platter and decorate with pine nuts. Enjoy!
Have you ever used zucchini in a salad?